Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing #22 -- What Did I Learn?

About half way through this project I started wondering if I would keep my blog up once I was finished the 23 Things. I decided I would try to, although I will probably not post as regularly without specific "assignments" to comment on. A little less "what did I learn today?" and more "what did I learn this week or month." Having a blog in which to report my findings will be a motivating factor--I'm sure I won't want it to sit unattended for too long at a stretch. And if I get stuck for ideas there's always moving on to Learning 2.1 and Things 24 and up.

Over the course of the Things there have been plenty of times I've said "I'll have to think about that" or "I'll get around to that later." So I can report on my future exploration. There are a couple of specific projects I want to work on, and their outcome will likely end up in my blog as well.

As far as keeping up with the 23 Things, and discovering new ones, one idea I had was to create reminders in my calendar. I can set them for time that is typically unscheduled in my week, and they can pop up and alert me that I should be checking my RSS feeds, or browsing some online communities, or visiting Second Life. We'll see how that works, and if I'm disciplined to act on the reminders and not just close them and go on with what I was doing.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations for finishing all 23 things. Glad it was a good experience! Watch for more on a stick in fall or winter.