Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #21 -- More with Social Networks

There are 2 library related online communities I'm a member of: Blended Librarian and WebJunction Minnesota. I tried to take a look at Ning, but they're having technical problems right now. Guess I'll have to join the 23 Things on a Stick Ning later. Several years ago one of my cousins set up an online network for my extended family on my mother's side. We use it to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries, share photos, and even collect family recipes. I'm familiar with Flixster, my sister often challenges me to their quizzes using their Facebook app. She's much more into pop culture than I am, and she always wins. For the most part I prefer to do my socializing in person rather than online. I'm more likely to join an online group when I already know some of the people there.

Well, Ning is finally back up and I joined the 23 Things community there. Here's my badge:

View my page on 23 Things on a Stick

No comments: