Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing #20 -- Facebook / MySpace

I joined Facebook in the fall, mostly out of curiousity. I had heard a lot about it and wanted to see for myself. After I created my account I discovered my siblings in other states are also on it and it's now one of the ways we keep in touch. I'm currently on a couple of groups related to my library. For this thing I looked briefly at some of the suggested Facebook groups, but didn't join any. I plan to take a closer look at them later (when I'm not hurrying to finish the rest of the Things) and will probably join at least one.

I chose Facebook because it appeared to offer more security than MySpace--you have more control over who can see information about you. The layout in Facebook seems cleaner to me and the ads aren't as obtrusive.

No comments: