Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing #15 -- Gaming and Libraries

Working through the 23 Things is certainly getting me to look at a lot of things that have been varying priorities on my "to do" list for awhile. Several times over the last couple of years I've gone to Second Life and looked at the documentation and other information. But it took the prod of Thing 15 to actually create an account and install the software. Now I have no excuse for not following what's going on at Info Island. I see Second Life more in terms of my own professional development than as a way for me to interact with library users. I may even "attend" one of the events surrounding the 2nd anniversary of Info Archipelago this weekend. Now if I can only become skilled enough at moving around smoothly! It doesn't help that there's such a high lag time when I'm doing it on my computer at work. The experience runs much better on my laptop at home.

I also tried Puzzle Pirates, but wasn't impressed with it. I wasn't interested in trying cute puzzle games, and I get plenty of experience communicating with others via chat elsewhere.

No comments: