Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing #28 -- Custom Home Pages

I created an iGoogle home page as part of Thing 13 and decided to stick with it for this Thing. Since I had explored Pageflakes and MyYahoo previously I didn't look at them again, but I did play around with Netvibes. Netvibes is a lot more appealing visually than iGoogle, but I just couldn't see creating yet another account to keep track of, or taking the time to basically duplicate everything I had in iGoogle. Also, I use both Google Groups and shared Google Documents. If the idea is to increase productivity by having all resources in one place, then iGoogle is the obvious choice for me.

Working on this Thing caused me to reexamine what gadgets I had on iGoogle and whether there were any I should add. I did put 3 new gadgets on my page. Two of them I should have added months ago: Google Reader and Facebook. Now that I am using Twitter, I also added a gadget for it.

No comments: